I hope you and your families are all well and bearing up ok, as we head towards what we all hope will be the end of lockdown. I don’t know about you, but I am finding it hard to keep track of what is happening when. One big date in my mind is the date that I am able to reopen my business – 12th April. I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to that day! I am really badly missing taking photos of all your lovely families. My children are sick of me asking them to pose in the studio for me!
I thought it might be helpful to list below some important dates for the gradual reopening of our world and what this means for us busy supermums (bearing in mind that this may change the moment I’ve posted this piece, so please do double-check before you start booking holidays!)…
- 8th March – schools fully reopen (woo-hoo! I have felt like I’ve been on holiday since schools reopened this week. I love my kids to pieces, but I have not been able to get anything much done at all whilst they’ve been away from school 5 days a week and they really did not rate me as a teacher, despite both of my parents and both of my husband’s parents having been teachers!)
- 29th March – when most schools break for the Easter holidays, we will be able to meet outdoors (including in private gardens) in groups of either 6 people (the Rule of 6) or 2 households will also be allowed, making it easier for friends and families to meet outside. This is brilliant! I will be able to take the girls to see their grandparents. Also, outdoor sports facilities and open-air swimming pools (in March?!) will reopen. Stay at home rule ends, but restrictions still apply. Holidays abroad still not permitted.
- 12th April – non essential businesses can reopen – woo-hoo! We can get our hair done, our nails done, go to the gym, go to outdoor attractions, zoos, theme parks, drive-in cinemas. We can eat and drink outdoors at cafes, restaurants and pubs (table service only).
- 17th May – limits on seeing friends and family will be relaxed further… not much detail on what this will entail exactly, just yet… but likely that rule of 6/2 households will apply to indoor settings. Other indoor locations and businesses will reopen, such as cinemas, children’s play areas, hotels, B&Bs, indoor group sports and exercise classes.
- 21st June – hopefully, all legal limits on social contact will be removed. “As we move through each of these phases in the roadmap, we must all remember that COVID-19 remains a part of our lives. We are going to have to keep living our lives differently to keep ourselves and others safe. We must carry on with ‘hands, face, space’. Comply with the COVID-Secure measures that remain in place. Meet outdoors when we can and keep letting fresh air in. Get tested when needed. Get vaccinated when offered. If we all continue to play our part, we will be that bit closer to a future that is more familiar.”
Obviously, this all depends on how things go over the next few weeks and months. Please do check the latest government advice and I will endeavour to keep this page up to date as time goes by.
I am taking bookings for maternity / bump photoshoots, newborn photoshoots, older baby photoshoots, sitter sessions, cake smash, family portraits and pet photography, from 12th April. My diary is starting to get booked up, so don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or if you’d like to book. I’m always online and will always get back to you as soon as I can. Remember you can always call me on 07941 873088 if you prefer to chat.
I am also planning my bluebell photoshoots, with more info on those to come. Please let me know if you’d like to be informed when bookings open.